Now hiring Job Developer for Strive 4 Work
Employment Services for St. Albert Citizens
No organization can offer the variety of work, the autonomy to enable others or the reward of making a difference than EmployAbilities (EA). The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
EA has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services to persons with disabilities through our Strive 4 Work program in St. Albert and area. We are currently hiring for a temporary full-time position of Job Developer, for 26 months, with potential for extension. We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of Strive 4 Work and our clients.
The Employment Facilitator/Job Developer provides individual employment focused intake and assessment, service plan development, job development, job placement, retention and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build positive working relationships with individual Albert employers.
- Liaise with employers to identify employment opportunities.
- Investigate and obtain work experience and job placements for clients.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Conduct individual assessment interviews to assist in the identification of employment barriers, employability and learning needs.
- Facilitate group training including employment preparation, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Provide comprehensive on the job supports, training, follow-up service and other related resources to employers.
- Promote Agency and its programs to government, non-profit agencies and the local community in support of employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Career Development or employment placement.
- Previous experience in skills training and employment placement
- Must have knowledge of the St. Albert labour market and its employers
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation
- Clear criminal record check.
Salary – $27/hr for 35 hr work week
If this is you, we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by April 5, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Employment Facilitator/Job Developer”.
Thank You to all applicants for your interest.