EmployAbilities offers FREE SAFE support to newcomers with barriers in Edmonton.
Our Newcomers Program teaches job seekers their rights, what supports to ask for at work and school, and how to REACH THEIR GOALS.
We are legally bound to protect your privacy, and all our conversations and programs are CONFIDENTIAL!
Is It For Me?
- This new no-cost pre-employment program is for newcomers to Canada.
- The program will offer customized one-on-one support to aid newcomers that are facing adversity with finding employment in today’s Canadian labour market.
- Participants will develop skills such as targeting resume, cover letter writing, interview skills, and job search assistance.
- Participants will be assisted in finding an employment agency that fits their needs!
- This program works alongside other settlement service agencies and employment agencies, so participants may also be enrolled in other programs.
- Quickly learn about your “hidden” rights in Canada
Eligible Participants Will Receive:
Pre-Employment skills training
How and when to professionally disclose a disability or barrier
Resume writing and review
Developing interview skills
One-on-one assistance in identifying training needs, accommodations and job targets
Understanding Canadian work expectations
Support with job search