Employment Services for St. Albert Citizens with Disabilities
Where Ability Meets Opportunity
No organization can offer the variety of work, the autonomy to enable others or the reward of making a difference than EmployAbilities (EA). The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
EA has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services to persons with disabilities, through our Strive 4 Work program in St. Albert and area. We are currently hiring for a contract full-time position of Employment Facilitator/Job Developer, for 34 months, with potential for extension.
Expected start date is January 2, 2019. We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of Strive 4 Work and our clients.
The Employment Facilitator/Job Developer provides individual employment focused intake and assessment, service plan development, job development, job placement, retention and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct individual assessment interviews to assist in the identification of employment barriers, employability and learning needs.
- Monitor and support client progress towards preparing and achieving realistic and meaningful employment, career and educational goals.
- Facilitate group training including employment preparation, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Build and maintain relationships with St. Albert employers.
- Provide comprehensive on the job supports, training, follow-up service and other related resources to employers.
- Ensure completeness of file documentation including data base entries.
- Promote Agency and its programs to government, non-profit agencies and the local community in support of employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Career Development or employment placement.
- Previous experience in skills training and employment placement
- Must have knowledge of the St. Albert labour market and its employers
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation
- Clear criminal record check.
If this is you, we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by Dec 18, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Employment Facilitator/Job Developer”.
Thank You to all applicants for your interest.