Employment Services for St. Albert Citizens with Disabilities
Where Ability Meets Opportunity
No organization lives and breathes its vision, mission and values the way we do. The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
EmployAbilities (EA) has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services to persons with disabilities through our Strive 4 Work program in St. Albert. We are currently hiring for a contract full-time position of Program Supervisor/Employment Facilitator, for 34 months, with potential for extension. Expected start date is January 2, 2019.
We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of Strive 4 Work Program and our clients.
- Set up and oversee the office based operations of the skill training/job placement program.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the Agency’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Research, develop, revise and implement program activities according to the expectations of the contract and the needs of the participants with disabilities.
- Lead and supervise human resources initiatives and activities for direct reports including recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, employee development, training and general support.
- Supervise staff workloads and schedules including the distribution of duties and management of requests for time off of those staff directly under this position.
- Ensure monthly reports and statistics are done appropriately, timely and outcomes are being met.
- Assist staff in the development, scheduling and delivery of group activities to prepare clients with disabilities to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency.
- Conduct individual employability assessments to assist in the identification of employment barriers, employability, transferrable skills and learning needs.
- Monitor and support client progress towards preparing and achieving realistic and meaningful employment, career and educational goals.
- Facilitate a variety of groups sessions including employment preparation, transitional skills, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Build and maintain relationships with local employers in St. Albert & area.
- Provide comprehensive on the job supports, training, follow-up service and other related resources to employers.
- Ensure completeness of file documentation including data base entries.
- Develop relationships with other service agencies and organizations in St. Albert in order to refer participants for services they may need.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experience,
- Experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations.
- Previous experience in employment related intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding St. Albert and surrounding area labour market, employers, businesses and job trends.
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
If this is you, then we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by Dec 18, 2019 to: Faye Elliott at email@example.com.
Thank You to all applicants for your interest.