If you’re a progressive employer that wants to hire people with disabilities, you should read these tips. They’ll help you attract and retain talented candidates. It will also help you improve your inclusion policy and give your staff some insight when doing inclusion training.
Read the article here: https://www.diversityinresearch.careers/article/6-disability-inclusion-tips-with-becky-curran/
To summarize, the tips are:
- Include the word DISABILITY in all your statements about diversity.
- Tell people they can request accommodation.
- Improve physical accessibility to the workplace.
- Improve accessibility on your website and digital spaces.
- Study the ways accessibility and inclusion benefits everyone.
- Hire lifelong problem solvers. That’s what you get when you hire a person with disabilities.