JOB POSTING – EDMONTON
Career and Employment Centre Support Worker
Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
EmployAbilities is seeking an individual, for the position of Career and Employment Centre Support Worker in Edmonton, to provide support services to individuals with disabilities utilizing our Career and Employment Centre.
Responsibilities include: registering individuals for initial services, data entry determining eligibility, registering for skill training sessions, assisting with completing application forms, resumes, cover letters and computer troubleshooting, reception relief. This position will also include special tasks, projects and other assignments.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 2-5 years of Administrative experience is required;
- Strong accuracy and data entry skills, proven track record of dealing with high volume of paperwork
- Approachable, friendly, positive, comfortable and self-aware when communicating with clients while maintaining a professional approach both in a one-to-one and group settings
- Knowledge of employment barriers, Alberta labour market conditions, training and education programs and community resources is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport with a diverse client base and staff team
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 65+ words per minute; little or no errors.
- Facilitation skills
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, MS Word
- Self-starter, willing to learn, able to work well within a team-oriented environment.
- Possess a strong sense of confidentiality
- Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be able to complete work assignments, organize and prioritize while adapting to interruptions
- Have a high level of honesty and integrity and be able to follow directions and guidelines
- Conflict resolution skills are required as this position often interacts with people in crisis or facing difficult challenges.
- Clear Criminal Record Check, Child and Youth Services Check
Please submit resume and cover letter by October 11 to:
Susan Sibley, Program Supervisor, EmployAbilities
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Information Check.