Employment Services for Hinton Citizens
No organization can offer the variety of work, the autonomy to enable others or the reward of making a difference than EmployAbilities. The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of others is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
EmployAbilities has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services through home based offices and meeting clients at the Hinton Alberta Supports office. We are currently recruiting for two full time Employment Facilitator positions to provide employment placement services in Hinton and surrounding area. We require individuals who are innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of the Career Evolution Program.
The Employment Facilitator provides individual employment focused intake and assessment, service plan development, job development, job placement, retention and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct individual assessment interviews to assist in the identification of employment barriers, employability and learning needs.
- Monitor and support client progress towards preparing and achieving realistic and meaningful employment, career and educational goals.
- Facilitate a variety of 1-1 sessions as well as group training including employment preparation, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Build and maintain relationships with local employers.
- Provide comprehensive on the job supports, training, follow-up service and other related resources to employers.
- Ensure completeness of file documentation including data base entries.
- Promote Agency and its programs to government, non-profit agencies and the local community in support of employment for individuals.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Career Development or employment placement.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in skills training and/or employment placement
- Must have knowledge of the Hinton labour market and its employers
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation
- Clear criminal record check.
If this is you, we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by Sept 3, 2018 to: email@example.com with the subject line “Hinton Employment Facilitator”.
Thank You to all applicants for your interest.