The next Entry Level Skills Training Program starts on April 8th!¬† It runs Monday to Thursdays from 9:00AM to 4:00PM for 24 weeks.¬† For more information or to register call 780-423-4106 or email email@example.com.
This program includes:
- Approximately 300 hours of computer instruction on software programs currently being used in the workplace including Windows XP and Microsoft Office programs.¬† You will also learn the basics of internet and email use and using a keyboard.
- A wide range of communication, employability skills, and personal development workshops
- Realistic career planning and job search techniques to assist in finding meaningful employment including:¬† resume writing, cover letter writing, interview skills and job shadowing.
- Skills training in current workplace procedures, customer service, and¬†life skills.
- 24 weeks of skills training and 6 month job retention support and follow up.
- The training concludes with 3 weeks of work experience placement in a position tailored to your skills, interests and career goals.
Who qualifies?¬† To qualify a candidate must have a disability (visible or non visible), medical condition and/or a barrier to employment.¬† The candidate must be ready, willing, and able to attend a full time training program, be employable (part time or full time) and have the aptitude to successfully complete the program.
Eligible applicants may qualify for grant funding for tuition and a living allowance.
To qualify for funding you must:
- Have not received a grant in the past 4 years
- Able to commit to 12 months (6 months of training + 6 months working or job search)
- Be ready, willing, and able to work.
- Have a realistic job target.
Students receiving funding must attend training regularly, finish all course materials, stay connected with the Program Coordinator, work to find employment; and keep the Program Team aware of any changes to their finances, living situation or employment goals.