Skills Development Coach – GroundWORKS
EmployAbilities is currently filling 1 full time 6 month position in Athabasca for an exciting project called GroundWORKS. GroundWORKS assists participants to gain entry level digital skills, pre-employment /life skills including reading, writing, numeracy, problem solving, online & in person communication skills, virtual collaboration/teamwork skills, adaptability, creativity and innovation, all the essential skills based on the Skills for Success nine key subjects.
The program is delivered in a hybrid module – ½ day virtual classes 3 days per week and an in-person training session offered once a week for a full day.
Location: Athabasca, AB
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Temporary/Permanent: Temporary, 6 months position
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary: $45,000 – 48,000/year
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications – The deadline for submission is September 30, 2023.
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessment to determine essential skills, transferable skills as well as skill level with virtual services, technological equipment needs and develop individual Service Plans.
- Arrange for loan of laptops and other devices, complete paperwork and provide one to one orientation to the equipment for each client so that they are ready to participate in virtual training.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of group workshops in a virtual environment as well as in-person to provide clients the essential skills needed in today’s world.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Meet clients 1 on 1 to assist in identifying barriers, access necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Maintain in-house and government databases and case management files, client service statistics, and related documentation in a timely manner.