Now Hiring: Program Supervisor
Where Ability Meets Opportunity
No organization lives and breathes its vision, mission and values the way we do. The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of others is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including: dental care, life insurance, RRSP’s, prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision, professional development, 15 paid personal days per year, and a generous vacation package.
Since 1974 we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion have fueled our leadership in developing programs, services and resources that increase the economic participation and power of people with disabilities, youth and barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
EmployAbilities has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services to individuals with disabilities, permanent injuries, mental health concerns and medical conditions in the Grande Prairie area. We are currently hiring for a full-time position of Program Supervisor, based in Grande Prairie. We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of EmployAbilities and our clients.
- Model and promote the Agency’s values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness
- Set up and oversee the operations of a store front employment skills training site.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the Agency’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Supervise staff workloads and schedules including the distribution of duties and management of requests for time off of those staff directly under this position.
- Research, develop, revise and implement workshop curriculum based on the expectations of the contract and the needs of the participants.
- Lead and supervise human resources initiatives and activities for direct reports including recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, employee development, training and general support.
- Prepare and implement strategies, plans, procedures, guidelines, and schedules to meet service requirements and maximize outcomes.
- Promote the services to increase the number of clients referred and create awareness within the community
- Ensure monthly reports and statistics are done appropriately and outcomes are being met.
- Provide individualized one-on-one supports to clients as needed.
- Assist staff in the development, scheduling and delivery of group activities to prepare clients to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support services including identification and resolution of service gaps
- Ensure completeness of file documentation including MOBIUS and data base entries.
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency.
- Ensure all criteria and documentation required by funder are adhered to and submitted within the guidelines and schedule outlined.
- Develop relationships with other service agencies and organizations in the communities in order to refer participants for services they may need.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in supervision, invoicing, report writing and auditing Mobius entries
- Minimum 2 yrs experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations
- Previous experience in administration, reporting, service evaluation, intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding Grande Prairie and surrounding area labour market, employers, businesses and job trends
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
If this is you, then we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by Feb 28, 2020 to: Faye Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.employabilities.ab.ca to learn more about EmployAbilities and our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education and employment.
EmployAbilities thanks all applicants for their interest.