Where Ability Meets Opportunity
At EmployAbilities, it is our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education, and employment.
We envision an inclusive society where all people are valued, respected, and have the opportunity to work to their full potential.
Since 1974, we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment, and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion have fueled our leadership in developing programs, services, and resources that increase the economic participation and empowerment of people with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
Program Supervisor – Steps 2 Employment
EmployAbilities is currently filling a 2-year full time position of Program Supervisor for our exciting new Steps 2 Employment Project based in Edmonton and surrounding area. Steps 2 Employment is an online training and workforce development project designed to assist job seekers to connect or reconnect to the workforce with a focus on building the virtual skills needed in today’s digital focused labour market. The Supervisor will work remotely from home and be provided with required technology & access to agency supports.
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the Agency’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Supervise staff workloads and schedules including the distribution of duties, approval of time records and management of requests for time off.
- Act as a resource in issue management and conflict resolution between and among Agency staff, as well as between the Agency and external service providers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Lead and supervise human resources initiatives and activities for direct reports including recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, employee development, training and general support.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies and related materials to promote Agency supports, programs or services within the community.
- Ensure that all Agency and contractual records, reporting, billing and statistical documentation is adhered to and submitted within the guidelines and schedules.
Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or related field, such as, Integrated Studies and Career Development.
- Experience overseeing programs and services including staff supervision.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations.
- Skilled and comfortable with digital technology and expert at breaking down tasks and procedures to provide clarity using a virtual platform.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software and reliable internet.
- Be fully immunized against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion, and integrity.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, a professional development allowance, fifteen (15) paid personal days, telework as appropriate, and many additional perks.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I’ve been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter as one document (in Word or PDF format) to: Susan Sibley- email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate Steps 2 Employment Supervisor.
The deadline for submission is March/28/2022.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.