Skills Training Facilitator – Inclusive Career Connections
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Temporary/Permanent: Temporary 2 months with a possibility of an extension
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Deadline for Submission: November 10, 2022
EmployAbilities Inclusive Career Connections (ICC) is looking to fill 1 temporary full-time Skills Training Facilitator position. The term of the position is 2 months with a possibility of an extension.
The ICC assist clients with disabilities and medical conditions to enable them to overcome employment barriers and receive the support they need to attain and retain work.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, this position is responsible for facilitating workshops, in a group or individualized sessions as well as develop course curriculum and skill development sessions to individuals with disabilities to help foster the development of new skills and competencies.
- Facilitate employment readiness and personal development workshops to individuals with disabilities.
- Provide individualized assistance and support to clients as required and follow up with clients who are experiencing difficulty.
- Provide regular feedback on participants’ progress to Employment Coaches, make recommendations about client suitability to move to the next level.
- Recommend additional instructional requirements and the most appropriate means of delivery.
- Develop and prepare creative instructional materials according to the needs of clients.
- Provide certificates to clients who have successfully completed modules and/or workshops.
- Provide backup supports for the intake desk.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times.
- Create and compile workshop evaluations and results.
- Timely and accurate data entry into the agency data base
- Assist with updating/revising client resumes, conduct mock interviews, provide job search supports
- Perform other duties as required by the Program Supervisor.
- Related post secondary education/ certification in facilitation.
- Experience in group facilitation.
- Experience in training, teaching or adult education.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk population.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.