Skills Development Coach
Location: Fort McMurray Region (remote work from home)
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Temporary/Permanent: Temporary 6 months with a possibility of an extension
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $43,000 – $46,000
Deadline for Submission: October 27, 2022
EmployAbilities is currently filling a temporary 6 months position for an exciting project called GroundWORKS.
We are hiring 1 person to cover the Wood Buffalo region that includes Fort McMurray. This project is being offered throughout the Rural Northern Zone area in the communities of High Level, Fort McMurray, Peace River, High Prairie, Slave Lake, Grande Prairie, Grande Cache, Jasper, Hinton, Edson, Whitecourt, Barrhead, Westlock, Athabasca, Lac La Biche, St. Paul, Bonnyville, Cold Lake, and Vegreville and surrounding areas.
GroundWORKS assists participants to gain entry level digital skills, pre-employment /life skills including reading, writing, numeracy, problem solving, online & in person communication skills, virtual collaboration/teamwork skills, adaptability, creativity and innovation, all the essential skills based on the Skills for Success nine key subjects. The program will be delivered virtually to clients from a home based office, but will require traveling around the different communities.
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessment to determine essential skills, transferable skills aswell as skill level with virtual services, technological equipment needs and develop individual Service Plans
- Arrange for loan of laptops, other devices, installation of internet services, complete paperwork and provide one to one orientation to the equipment for each client so they are ready to participate in virtual training.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of daily group workshops and weekly one on one meetin in a virtual environment to provide clients the essential skills needed in today’s world.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Assist clients in accessing necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Maintain in-house and government databases and case management files, client service statistics, and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, and life skills coaching.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations
- Skilled and comfortable with setting up clients with technology and expert at breaking down tasks and procedures to provide clarity using a virtual platform.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google platforms and reliable internet
- Required to have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.