Resource Centre Facilitator
Location: Grande Prairie (In person)
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours / week
Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000 annually
Deadline for Submission: May 1, 2023
EmployAbilities Grande Prairie is looking to recruit a permanent full time Resource Centre Facilitator.
The Resource Centre Facilitator provides the initial contact for Albertans accessing the Resource Employment Centre in Grande Prairie.
The Resource Centre Facilitator’s primary focus is to provide support to individuals by providing resume development, community resources, assistance with job search and on-line job application processes, and facilitate information sessions for Albertans in need of similar services. The Facilitator will also help individuals access the resources available such as publications, job board, computers, printer and fax machine.
- Demonstrate the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Greet and approach individuals to inquire if they need assistance.
- Follow up on participant inquiries and be the first point of contact within EmployAbilities Grande Prairie.
- Provide 1-on-1 support resume development and cover letter services.
- Support with participant referrals and intakes.
- Assist with basic job search, both traditional (newspapers, job board, etc.) and on-line processes (job search engines such as Indeed, Job Bank, Infomall).
- Assist with setting up accounts on Indeed, Monster, e-mail, and profiles for such sites as LinkedIn.
- Demonstrate use of the technology (printer, computer, fax, and phone).
- Be knowledgeable about the resources available; provide publications, tips, and other community resources.
- Assist with other paperwork and documents (application forms for programs, services, employment etc.)
- Support the Job Developer in a variety of 1-on-1 and group weekly Job Club workshops in person and virtually.
- Develop and prepare instructional materials to meet the needs of participants.
- Research, develop and enhance program curriculum to address changes in technology, the labor market or participant needs.
- Maintain workshop registration and monitor participant attendance.
- Provide participant service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain and regularly update the job board and social media with current employment opportunities.
- Promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Represent the Agency and work co-operatively with other community partners, employers and SCSS staff.
- Promote the benefits and available employment support services to potential employers.
- Degree, Diploma or certificate with a sufficient combination of education and experience in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Education, Career Development, or a related field.
- Previous experience with resume development is an asset.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the labor market, employers, as well as community resources.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service and office administration experience is an asset.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Equivalency: Additional directly related experience may be considered in lieu of education on a one-for-one basis.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.