Program Supervisor – Steps 2 Employment Program
Location: Remote work from home supporting the Edmonton and surrounding areas
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
End date: July 31, 2024
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000 / year
Deadline for Submission: April 5, 2023
EmployAbilities Steps 2 Employment (S2E) Program is currently filling a temporary full-time Program Supervisor position ending on July 31, 2024. This project is being offered in the Edmonton and surrounding areas. Steps 2 Employment is an online training and workforce development project designed to assist job seekers to connect or reconnect to the workforce with a focus on building the virtual skills needed in today’s digital focused labour market. This position works primarily from home but may need to travel within the Edmonton and surrounding area and come into the office as required.
The Program Supervisor supervises the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of the S2E Program services to accomplish the Agency’s mission. This role provides operational oversight and provide support to staff.
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Oversee the operations of the S2E Progam and staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the Agency’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Supervise staff workloads and schedules including the distribution of duties, approval of time records and management of requests for time off.
- Ensure the Program’s service quality, standards and deadlines are met.
- Act as a resource in issue management and conflict resolution between and among Agency staff, as well as between the Agency and external service providers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Lead and supervise human resources initiatives and activities for direct reports including recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, employee development, training and general support.
- Research, develop, revise and implement workshop curriculum based on the expectations of the contract and needs of the participants.
- Prepare and implement strategies, plans, procedures, guidelines and schedules, to meet program or service requirements and maximize outcomes.
- Develop and implement program or service metrics to measure success.
- Identify and implement program or service changes to enhance results or outcomes.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies and related materials to promote Agency supports, programs or services within the community.
- Oversee client intake, assessment, referrals, progress and outcomes within the service or program.
- Oversee program or service case management, includes action plan development activities, provision of appropriate follow-up support and execution of tracking procedures.
- Conduct intake, assessment and case management for a pre-determined group of clients, as required.
- Coordinate the facilitation and instruction of a variety of one-on-one and group workshops to prepare clients to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Promote the ongoing development and enhancement of workshops and services to meet client needs and changes in technology or the labour market.
- Promote staff use of career development and vocational rehabilitation theory and practices with clients.
- Expand awareness of non-traditional employment opportunities with Agency clients and the business community.
- Oversee employment development activities to ensure strong industry, community and employer relationships resulting in successful client outcomes.
- Provide front-line support in the areas of intake and assessment, case management, facilitation and employment counselling.
- Establish and maintain a resource network to support Agency programs and services within the community.
- Ensure that all Agency and contractual records, reporting, billing and statistical documentation is adhered to and submitted within the guidelines and schedules.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or related field, such as, Integrated Studies and Career Development.
- At least 2 years supervisory or program management experience including staff supervision.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Current working knowledge of Mobius will be an asset
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.