Job Developer – Strive 4 Work Program
Location: Edmonton (In person – office located in South Edmonton)
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
End Date: March 27, 2026 with the potential for an extension
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $52,780 annually
Deadline for Submission: April 13, 2023
EmployAbilities Strive 4 Work (S4W) program has a new and exciting opportunity! We are looking to recruit a temporary full-time Job Developer position to provide employment services to persons with disabilities in the South Edmonton area.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Job Developer is responsible for building awareness of persons with disabilities or barriers as a viable source of skilled labour, establishing working relationships with employers, and supporting clients in securing meaningful employment.
The Job Developer provides individual employment action plan development, job development, job placement, and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct individual interviews with clients to assist in the identification of appropriate employment goals, employment barriers, and the development of appropriate work experience and job placement strategies.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with individual employers to bring awareness and promote the skills and abilities of persons with a disability or barriers to employment.
- Liaise with employers to identify employment opportunities.
- Investigate and obtain work experience and job placements for clients.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Work with employers to coordinate interviews, placements and on-site visits.
- Expand awareness of traditional and non-traditional employment opportunities within the Business Community by participating in networking events, job fairs and public speaking opportunities.
- Provide participant follow up services after placement including telephone contact and on-site visits as required
- Engage in professional consultation and liaise with community agencies and various partners to promote the agency and its clients.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Update and maintain the Employer/Client Data Base.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the local labour market.
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.