Job Club Facilitator (St. Paul, Bonnyville, Lac La Biche)
Job Club Facilitator (St. Paul, Bonnyville, Lac La Biche)
Location: Various locations – St. Paul, Bonnyville, Lac La Biche
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 35
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000 annually
Deadline for Submission: Open until suitable candidate found
EmployAbilities Lakeland Employment Services Program is looking to recruit 3 permanent full time Job Club Facilitator positions based in St. Paul, Bonnyville & Lac La Biche. These position will be required to work in the office.
Note: Please indicate in your application the location you are applying to.
The Job Club Facilitator provides the initial contact for Albertans accessing the Employment Centre.
The Job Club Facilitator’s primary focus is to provide service on resume development, assist with job search and on-line job application processes, and facilitate group information sessions for Albertans in need of similar services. The Facilitator will also help individuals access the resources available such as publications, job board, computers, printer and fax machine. If the individual needs more in-depth assistance, the Facilitator will assist the individual by submitting a referral to an Employment Facilitator.
- Demonstrate the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Greet and approach individuals to inquire if they need assistance.
- Provide 1-on-1 resume development and cover letter services.
- Assist with basic job search, both traditional (newspapers, job board, etc.) and on-line processes (job search engines such as Indeed, Job Bank, Infomall).
- Assist with setting up accounts on Indeed, Monster, e-mail, and profiles for such sites as LinkedIn
- Demonstrate use of the technology (printer, computer, fax, phone)
- Be knowledgeable about the resources available, provide publications, tips, and other community resources.
- Assist with other paperwork and documents (application forms for programs, services, employment etc.)
- When individuals present with barriers or needs than cannot be met by the services provided above, provide referral to an Employment Facilitator, alternative programs, and/or community supports.
- Promote and deliver a variety of 1-on-1 and the weekly Job Club workshops in person and virtually.
- Develop and prepare instructional materials to meet the needs of participants.
- Research, develop and enhance program curriculum to address changes in technology, the labor market or participant needs.
- Maintain workshop registration and monitor participant attendance.
- Provide client service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain and regularly update the job board and social media with current employment opportunities.
- Promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Represent the Agency and work co-operatively with other community partners, employers and SCSS staff.
- Promote the benefits and available employment support services to potential employers.
- Degree, Diploma or certificate with a sufficient combination of education and experience in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Education, Career Development, or a related field.
- Previous experience with resume development is an asset.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the labor market, employers, as well as community resources.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service and office administration experience is an asset.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion, and integrity.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I’ve been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter to: Jackie Nguy at email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate Job Club Facilitator (St. Paul, Bonnyville & Lac La Biche) and the location you are applying to.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.