Inclusive Skills Training Video Specialist – Inclusive Career Connections
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
End Date: March 31, 2024
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000 annually
Deadline for Submission: August 25, 2023
EmployAbilities Inclusive Career Connections (ICC) is looking to fill 1 temporary full-time Inclusive Skills Video Specialist position. The term of the position is until March 31, 2024.
The ICC assist clients with disabilities and medical conditions to enable them to overcome employment barriers and receive the support they need to attain and retain work.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor. Are you passionate about creating inclusive learning experiences for all individuals, including those who are deaf or hard of hearing? We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Inclusive Skills Training Video Specialist to join our team and take charge of revamping all our skills training videos, making them user-friendly for individuals facing barriers and disabilities, with a special focus on the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Redoing and Revamping Videos: Take the lead in re-recording and polishing up all existing skills training videos to ensure they meet the highest professional standards.
- Accessibility Implementation: Utilize your expertise to make the videos accessible to a broad audience, including individuals with visual, auditory, or other sensory impairments. Ensure compliance with accessibility standards, including captioning, audio descriptions, and other relevant accessibility features.
- Inclusivity Advocacy: Champion the cause of inclusivity within the organization and advocate for the best practices in creating accessible content for all.
- Video and Voice-Over Expertise: Display your proficiency in video production, editing, and voice-over techniques to enhance the overall quality and presentation of the training materials.
- Content Creation: Collaborate with subject matter experts and instructional designers to create engaging and effective training content, ensuring it aligns with learning objectives and meets the needs of diverse learners.
- YouTube Channel Management: Oversee the uploading and management of the videos on our organization’s YouTube channel or other relevant platforms, ensuring proper organization, tagging, and optimization.
- Technology Proficiency: Stay up-to-date with advancements in accessibility technology, assistive devices, and software to implement cutting-edge solutions in our video content.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in video production, content creation, and voice-over work.
- Accessibility Expertise: Proven track record in implementing accessibility features in video content for diverse audiences, with a focus on the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in video editing software, captioning tools, and accessibility compliance standards (e.g., WCAG, ADA).
- Empathy and Sensitivity: A deep understanding of the barriers faced by individuals with disabilities and a commitment to creating an inclusive environment.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt and find innovative solutions to accommodate various accessibility needs and requirements.
- Collaboration: Excellent communication and teamwork skills to work effectively with subject matter experts, instructional designers, and other stakeholders.
- Portfolio: A portfolio showcasing previous work related to video production, accessibility implementation, and content creation would be a strong advantage.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.