Employment Facilitator / Job Developer
Location: Remote work from home supporting the Edmonton and surrounding area
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $45,000 – $52,000
Deadline for Submission: October 29, 2022
EmployAbilities Strive 4 Work program has a new and exciting opportunity! We are looking to recruit a temporary full-time Employment Facilitator / Job Developer to provide employment services to persons with disabilities in the Edmonton and surrounding areas. This is an opportunity for up to 6 months, with the potential for extension.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Job Developer/Employment Facilitator is responsible for facilitating the skill development of individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment to pursue and fulfill their employment goals, objectives and aspirations.
The Employment Facilitator/Job Developer provides individual employment focused intake and assessment, service plan development, job development, job placement, retention and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct individual interviews with clients to assist in the identification of appropriate employment goals, employment barriers, and the development of appropriate work experience and job placement strategies.
- Provide one-on-one training and job coaching tailored to the needs of the participant on the job following a specific training plan until the participant is self-sufficient and able to perform job duties accurately and effectively without assistance.
- Build positive working relationships with individual Edmonton and area employers.
- Liaise with employers to identify employment opportunities.
- Investigate and obtain work experience and job placements for clients.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Facilitate group training including employment preparation, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Provide comprehensive on the job supports, training, follow-up service and other related resources to employers.
- Work with employers to coordinate interviews, placements and on-site visits.
- Provide participant follow up services after placement including telephone contact and on-site visits as required.
- Promote the program to government and non-profit agencies, local community groups, churches and other ethnic community groups etc.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in facilitation, skills training, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the Edmonton and area market and its employers.
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check, and provide proof of vaccination. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (i.e. medical, religious) may request for an exemption.