Employment Facilitator (St. Paul)
Employment Facilitator (St. Paul)
Location: St. Paul, AB
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 35
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000 annually
Deadline for Submission: Open until suitable candidate found
EmployAbilities Lakeland Employment Services Program is looking to recruit a permanent full time Employment Facilitator based in St. Paul, AB.
The Employment Facilitator facilitates the skill development of persons with disabilities and barriers to employment to pursue and fulfill their employment goals, objectives and aspirations.
The Employment Facilitator may focus activities within a particular area of service or deliver a full range of services. Service areas include Intake and Assessment, Case Management, Facilitation, Employment Counselling, Employment Development and Community Involvement.
- Demonstrate the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
Intake and Assessment
- Conduct initial client needs assessments to determine employment status and suitability for Agency supports, services and programs.
- Provide referral to alternative programs, community supports and specialized assessment providers as required.
- Support clients in the development of service plans to address identified employment barriers, employability, interests and learning needs.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate files and timely documentation
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Assist clients in accessing necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Conduct client follow-up and support, may include telephone contact, on-site visits and job coaching.
- Maintain in-house and government case management files, client service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Promote and deliver a variety of one-on-one and group workshops to prepare clients to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Develop and prepare instructional materials to meet the needs of participants.
- Research, develop and enhance program curriculum to address changes in technology, the labor market or participant needs.
- Maintain workshop registration and monitor participant attendance and progress.
- Secure, schedule and support sessions offered by external instructors and guests.
- Assist clients with technology needs as required.
- Utilize career development theory, techniques and methodologies to help individuals identify realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Conduct one-to-one employment counseling to enhance client’s self-sufficiency and to promote labour readiness.
- Discuss clients’ barriers to employment and develop workable solutions to minimize these barriers.
- Provide clients with labour market information, employment and training options.
- Develop client resumes, conduct mock interviews and support client job search.
- Monitor and track client progress towards goals.
- Research and develop employer and industry relationships to build understanding of local labour market conditions including available positions, required qualifications and advancement opportunities.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Solicit and coordinate information interviews, job shadowing, job tryouts, work experience and placements with employers.
- Conduct employer follow-up, may include telephone contact, and work site visits.
- Promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Represent the Agency and work co-operatively and respectfully with other community partners, employers and SCSS staff
- Promote the benefits and available employment support services to potential employers.
- Degree, Diploma or certificate with a sufficient combination of education and experience in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education, Career Development or a related field.
- 2 years experience in intake, assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion, and integrity.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I’ve been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter to: Jackie Nguy at email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate Employment Facilitator (St. Paul)
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.