Employment Facilitator – Strive 4 Work Program
Location: Edmonton (In person – office located in South Edmonton)
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
End Date: March 27, 2026 with the potential for an extension
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $52,780 annually
Deadline for Submission: April 13, 2023
EmployAbilities Strive 4 Work (S4W) program has a new and exciting opportunity! We are looking to recruit a temporary full-time Employment Facilitator to provide employment services to persons with disabilities in the South Edmonton area.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Employment Facilitator is responsible for facilitating the skill development of individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment to pursue and fulfill their employment goals, objectives and aspirations.
Intake and Assessment
- Conduct initial client needs assessments to determine eligibility status and suitability for the S4W programs.
- Provide referral to alternative programs, community supports and specialized assessment providers as required.
- Support clients in the development of action plans to address identified employment barriers, employability, interests and learning needs.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate files and timely documentation.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Assist clients in accessing necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Monitor participant attendance and progress.
- Conduct client follow-up and support, may include telephone contact, on-site visits and job coaching.
- Maintain in-house data base entries, client service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Facilitate group training including employment preparation, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Provide one-on-one training and job coaching tailored to the needs of the participant on the job following a specific training plan until the participant is self-sufficient and able to perform job duties accurately and effectively without assistance.
- Develop and prepare instructional materials to meet the needs of participants.
- Research, develop and enhance program curriculum to address changes in technology, the labor market and/or participant needs.
- Secure, schedule and support sessions offered by external instructors and guests.
- Assist clients with technology needs as required.
- Promote the program to potential participants, non-profit agencies, local community groups, churches and other ethnic community groups etc.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in facilitation, skills training, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the local labour market.
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.