Employment Facilitator – Steps 2 Employment Program
Location: Edmonton and surrounding areas (remote work from home)
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
End Date: May 3, 2024, with the potential of an extension
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000 annually
Deadline for Submission: May 3, 2023
EmployAbilities Steps 2 Employment (S2E) Program is currently filling a temporary full-time Employment Facilitator position ending on May 3, 2024. This project is being offered in the Edmonton and surrounding areas. Steps 2 Employment is an online training and workforce development project designed to assist job seekers to connect or reconnect to the workforce with a focus on building the virtual skills needed in today’s digital focused labour market. The Employment Facilitator will work remotely from home and be provided with required technology & access to agency supports
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessment to determine essential skills, transferable skills as well as skill level with virtual services, technological equipment needs and develop individual Service Plans.
- Arrange for loan of laptops, other devices, installation of internet services, complete paperwork and provide one to one orientation to the equipment for each client so that they are ready to participate in virtual training.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of one-on-one and group workshops in a virtual environment to prepare clients to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Utilize career development theory, techniques and methodologies to help individuals identify realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Conduct one-to-one employment counseling to enhance client’s self-sufficiency and to promote labour readiness.
- Discuss clients’ barriers to employment and develop workable solutions to minimize these barriers.
- Research and develop employer and industry relationships to build understanding of local labour market conditions including available positions, required qualifications and advancement opportunities.
- Solicit and coordinate job placements with employers including negotiating Work Exposure Contracts and Job Maintenance.
- Conduct employer follow-up, including telephone contact, work site visits, monitor reports and job coaching.
- Travel in and around the Edmonton and surrounding area will be required
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in intake an assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations.
- Skilled and comfortable with setting up clients with technology and expert at breaking down tasks and procedures to provide clarity using a virtual platform.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software and reliable internet.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.