Employment Facilitator / Job Developer
Location: Edmonton and surrounding area (in person – office location to be determined)
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
End Date: March 27, 2026 with the potential for an extension
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ week
Salary Range: $52,780 annually
Deadline for Submission: March 9, 2023
EmployAbilities Strive 4 Work program has a new and exciting opportunity! We are looking to recruit a temporary full-time Employment Facilitator / Job Developer to provide employment services to persons with disabilities in the Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Job Developer/Employment Facilitator is responsible for facilitating the skill development of individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment to pursue and fulfill their employment goals, objectives and aspirations.
The Employment Facilitator/Job Developer provides individual employment focused intake and assessment, service plan development, job development, job placement, retention and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in facilitation, skills training, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the Edmonton labour market and its employers.
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.