How to market yourself to potential employers
All job seekers look for work that matches their abilities and skills, including people with disabilities. If you’re looking for a job, there are ways to highlight your strengths and show employers your skills match what they’re looking for.
This article from alis Alberta shares resources for finding work when you have a disability.
- Learning how to market yourself. This includes smart resume building, and thorough research on the company, and the position they are looking to fill.
- Being prepared by knowing your strengths, how to respond to interview questions, and how you want to share information about your disability.
- Finding the right employers! You want to work for an employer who reflects your values and is offering a job that matches your skills.
- Create opportunities by staying open to options. Remember that workplace accommodations and flexibility might be possible.
- Stay positive! Reframe the way you think about yourself. You may have a disability but you also have abilities and skills that employers need and will value.
- Get the right support. There are supports offered by the government and various agencies.