Learn 2 Earn
In our 22-week program, participants between 15 to 30 years old develop the necessary skills to prepare for employment. Participants can expect the following during training.
- Gaining 12 weeks of work experience
- Eight weeks of employment skills training
- Understanding employer and employee expectations
- Developing interview skills
- Experiencing job tryouts
- Developing networking skills and meeting employers
- Crafting and dropping off resumes
After completing the program, participants leave with the following.
- Employment close to their long-term goals
- Confidence to apply for future jobs
- Certificates, including:
- Standard First Aid
- Food Safe Level II
- Inventory Control
- Service Best
- Basic Computer Skills
- Warehouse Essentials*
- Fork Lift*
- TDG & Fire Watch
- Janitorial Skills Training
*Depending on employment goals
Committing to this program takes dedication and a commitment of time and effort. Eligible participants will receive a living allowance of $15.00/hour for six hours per day during their training. Participants who complete 10 weeks of training will receive a bonus of $ 250.00. Participants who complete the 12 weeks of paid work experience and who retain employment will receive a $500 graduation bonus.
If you’re ready to join us in our 22–week program, reach out to Chandra to register.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada