Participate in Canada’s first Disability Inclusion Action Plan
The pandemic has brought light to the long-standing challenges that people with disabilities face. COVID-19 has impacted Canadians with disabilities disproportionately, showing how exclusion can have a negative impact on health, wellness, and financially security.
Recently, the federal government launched a public engagement project to help develop a Disability Inclusion Action Plan. The Disability Inclusion Action Plan will focus on:
- Reducing poverty among people with disabilities in Canada
- Helping people with disabilities obtain quality employment
- Working towards the Accessible Canada Act to create a barrier-free nation by 2040
- Providing easier access to federal programs and services
- Building a culture of inclusion in Canada
The best part is that Canadians are able to provide their feedback through a public online survey. You can provide your feedback on issues like financial security, inclusive spaces, employment, and other issues that can help improve the lives of people with disabilities in Canada.
You can access and complete the survey until August 31, 2021. Learn more at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/accessible-canada/consultation-disability-inclusion-action-plan.html