Tips for Finding a Job
Finding employment can be challenging, especially if you face some barriers. Fortunately, you’re not alone! EmployAbilities offers many programs that can help people with disabilities and/or barriers obtain and maintain meaningful employment. Check out those programs here.
In the meantime, here are some tips that can help with your job search:
- Research employers you might want to work for.
- Get advice (EmployAbilities can help!) to create a professional resume.
- Attend job fairs in your town or city so you can meet employers.
- Use job boards and career websites. EmployAbilities has listed some here.
- Start networking. Sometimes positions are filled informally, so keep your ear to the ground and ask your friends and family if they know of any opportunities.
Learn how the EmployAbilities Career and Employment Centre can help you. We are looking forward to assisting you as you embark on this next chapter in your life!