One of the services EmployAbilities offers is job search training. A critical factor of searching for a job is crafting a successful resume. Where do you start? You can always come in to our Career and Employment Centre for FREE. Here you will find:
- 1-on-1 career and employment planning
- Access to computers and assistive technology
- Identification of training needs and job targets
- Employment readiness workshops (Resume writing, Interview skills, Job Search) – Register for workshops online!
- Value added workshops (Money Management, Dress for Success, Disclosing Disability) – Register for workshops online!
- Access to job leads
- Personal resume writing and review
- Information on government and community services
- Staff available to assist with your job search, placement and retention services
- Assistance filling out forms such as AISH, CPPD, WCB, PDD and Income Support
We also found these great resources on resume writing on Monster.com that will help you create a resume that grabs attention, is well-organized and crafted for each specific job you are applying for. You can find these tips here – https://www.monster.ca/career-advice/cover-letter-resumes/resume-tips