In our 20-week program, participants between 15 to 30 years old develop necessary skills to prepare for employment. Students can expect the following during the course.
- Gaining 12 weeks of work experience
- Eight weeks of employment skills training
- Understanding employer and employee expectations
- Developing interview skills
- Experiencing job tryouts
- Developing networking skills and meeting employers
- Crafting and dropping off resumes
After completing the program, participants leave with the following.
- Employment close to their long-term goals
- Confidence to apply for future jobs
- Certificates, including:
- Standard First Aid
- Food Safe Level II
- Inventory Control
- Service Best
- Basic Computer Skills
- OSSA Fall Protection*
- Warehouse Essentials*
- Fork Lift*
*Depending on employment goals
Committing to this program takes dedication, and a commitment of time and effort. Eligible students will receive a living allowance of $13.60/hour for six hours per day during their training. Students who complete the entire program and maintain their employment will receive $500 at graduation.
If you’re ready to join us in our 20–week program, reach out to our program coordinator to get started.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada