Online Training Session
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Strive 4 Work is delivering the next 8-week training session virtually!
Employment skills development and training facilitated through an online video conferencing platform. A great opportunity to increase your skills while staying safe at home!
No computer? No problem!
Accepted participants are provided with ALL materials needed to complete the online training.
PROGRAM STARTS: September 13, 2021
Strive 4 Work is an employment focused program for individuals with disabilities in St. Albert and the surrounding area. The program consists of 8 weeks of ONLINE training and 10 weeks of work experience with the potential for employment to follow.
Objectives of the Strive 4 Work program:
- To assist individuals with disabilities in St. Albert and the surrounding area to prepare for and obtain employment and develop the skills necessary to maintain employment.
- To assist employers with strategies, supports, and resources to help them integrate potential employees with disabilities into their workplace.
TRAINING WILL CONSIST OF:
Communication skills, Stress mgmt., Resumes, Interview skills, Computer skills, Standard First Aid/CPR/WHMIS, Food Safety, Service Best, Job Search activities and individual certificates such as Proserve, as needed by participants.
Participant program hours are Monday – Friday: 9:30am – 3:30pm with 1 hr lunch break. Maximum hours of 25 hrs per week. Work experience hours are negotiated with the employers.
Selected participants will receive a living allowance of $15/hr for the 25 hrs/wk while attending the 8 weeks of skills training, and employers receive a wage subsidy to hire individuals for the 10 weeks of work experience. It is anticipated that employers will continue to retain the individuals once the wage subsidy ends.
- Individuals with disabilities living in St. Albert and the surrounding area
- Not eligible or in receipt of EI
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Be ready, willing and able to work
- Must be 18+
Medical Conditions, Permanent Injuries, and/or Disabilities including:
- Physical – Crohn’s Disease, Colitis, back issues, mobility issues, amputation, limitation in physical function of body or limbs, Hep C, HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, cancer, Chronic pain, permanent injury, etc.
- Mental Health – anxiety, depression, acute stress, ADHD, OCD
- Hearing – loss of hearing, deafness
- Vision – limited vision, blindness
- Neurological – epilepsy, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s
Program is located at #310, St Albert Professional Building, 7 St. Anne Street, St. Albert
**Office temporarily closed to the public.**