Are you new in Canada? Is finding work hard for you because of a disability, illness, or mental health challenge?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. One in four Canadians has challenges, just like you!
EmployAbilities offers FREE SAFE support to newcomers with disabilities in Edmonton. Our Newcomers Program teaches job seekers their rights, what supports to ask for at work and school, and how to REACH THEIR GOALS.
We are legally bound to protect your privacy, and all our conversations and programs are CONFIDENTIAL!
- This new no-cost pre-employment program is for newcomers to Canada.
- The program will offer customized one-on-one support to aid newcomers that are facing adversity with finding employment in today’s Canadian labour market.
- Participants will develop skills such as targeting resume, cover letter writing, interview skills, and job search assistance.
- Participants will be assisted in finding an employment agency that fits their needs!
- This program works alongside other settlement service agencies and employment agencies, so participants may also be enrolled in other programs.
Pre-Employment skills training
Developing interview skills
How and when to professionally disclose a disability or barrier
One-on-one assistance in identifying training needs, accommodations and job targets
Resume writing and review
Understanding Canadian work expectations
Support with job search
Eligible participants include: permanent residents, refugee’s, and protected persons (some conditions apply).