EmployAbilities for Newcomers
This new no-cost pre-employment program is for newcomers to Canada. The program will offer customized one-on-one support to aid newcomers that are facing adversity with finding employment in today’s Canadian labour market. Participants will develop skills such as targeting resume, cover letter writing, interview skills, and job search assistance. Participants will be assisted in finding an employment agency that fits their needs.
This program works alongside other settlement service agencies and employment agencies, so participants may also be enrolled in other programs.
We offer the following services:
- Pre-Employment skills training
- One-on-one assistance in identifying training needs, accommodations and job targets
- How and when to professionally disclose a disability or barrier
- Understanding Canadian work expectations
- Resume writing and review
- Developing interview skills
After completing the program, participants leave with:
- Confidence to apply for future jobs
- Community connections
Newcomers that have been in Canada for under ten years, immigrants, non-Canadian citizens, and refugees with a disability, are encouraged to apply.
Intake for the program is offered every day, contact the program coordinator to get started!