Now Hiring: Job Developer in Grande Prairie
Where Ability Meets Opportunity
No organization lives and breathes its vision, mission and values the way we do. The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of others is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including: dental care, life insurance, RRSP’s, prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision, professional development, 15 paid personal days per year, and a generous vacation package.
Since 1974 we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion has fueled our leadership in developing programs, services and resources that increase the economic participation and power of people with disabilities, youth and barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
EmployAbilities has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services to individuals with disabilities, permanent injuries, mental health concerns, and medical conditions in the Grande Prairie area. We are currently hiring for a full-time position of Job Developer, based in Grande Prairie. We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of EmployAbilities and our clients.
The Job Developer is responsible for:
- Building awareness of persons with disabilities or barriers as a viable source of skilled labour
- Establishing working relationships with employers
- Supporting clients in securing meaningful employment
- Support Employment Facilitators to identify realistic employment targets
- Liaise with Employment Facilitators while supporting clients through the job search process ( mock interviews, resume tweaking, interview prep)
- Facilitate and coordinate Job Club
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with employers needs and opportunities
- Solicit and coordinate information interviews, job shadows, job tryouts, work practicum and employment placements with employers.
- Administer and prepare employer work practicum agreements, including submission of required documentation and progress reports.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with individual employers resulting in a higher awareness of the skills and abilities of persons with disabilities
- Expand awareness of traditional and non-traditional employment opportunities within the Grande Prairie Business Community by participating in networking events, job fairs and public speaking opportunities.
- Engage in professional consultation and liaise with community agencies and various partners to promote the agency and its clients.
- Cold calls or drop in site visits to employers that promote the benefits and available employment support services to potential employers.
- Liaise with employers to identify job trial, work practicum and employment opportunities
- Conduct regular employer follow-up, which may include telephone contact, e-mail and work site visits.
- Research and develop employer and industry relationships to build understanding of local labour market conditions including: available positions, required qualifications and advancement opportunities
- Update and maintain the Employer/Client Data Base.
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency, as required and approved by the Supervisor
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Sales preferred. Education plus related experience will also be considered
- Experience working with and promoting persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations.
- Knowledge of Grande Prairie labour market and employers
- Skill in identifying opportunities to translate business needs and employers’ expectations into job placements, work practicums and job tryouts, etc. for clients.
- Ability to assess potential employment opportunities using knowledge of assistive technologies, accommodations, work environments, skills and abilities of specific clients and supports.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with individual employers and employer associations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Valid Class five drivers license with access to a reliable vehicle
If this is you, then we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume
by June 23, 2021 to: Rondi Brasseur, Program Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.employabilities.ab.ca to learn more about EmployAbilities and our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education and employment.
EmployAbilities thanks all applicants for their interest.