Now Hiring: Employment Facilitators
Where Ability Meets Opportunity
No organization lives and breathes its vision, mission and values the way we do. The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of others is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including: dental care, life insurance, RRSP’s, prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision, professional development, 15 paid personal days per year, and a generous vacation package.
Since 1974 we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion has fueled our leadership in developing programs, services and resources that increase the economic participation and power of people with disabilities, youth and barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
EmployAbilities has a new and exciting opportunity in providing employment services to individuals with disabilities, permanent injuries, mental health concerns and medical conditions in the Grande Prairie area. We are currently hiring four (4) full-time Employment Facilitators, based in Grande Prairie. We require individuals who are innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of EmployAbilities and our clients.
The Employment Facilitator facilitates the skill development of persons with disabilities and barriers to employment to pursue and fulfill their employment goals, objectives and aspirations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct initial client needs assessments to determine eligibility, employment status and suitability for Agency supports, services and programs.
- Provide referral to alternative programs, community supports and specialized assessment providers as required.
- Support clients in the development of service plans to address identified employment barriers, employability, interests and learning needs.
- Utilize career development theory, techniques and methodologies to help individuals identify realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Monitor and support client progress towards preparing and achieving realistic and meaningful employment, career, and educational goals.
- Facilitate a variety of one-on-one and group workshops to prepare clients to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate client files and timely documentation.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Assist clients in accessing necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Maintain in-house and government case management files, client service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Conduct one-to-one employment counseling to enhance client’s self-sufficiency and to promote labour readiness.
- Discuss clients’ barriers to employment and develop workable solutions to minimize these barriers.
- Provide clients with labour market information, employment and training options.
- Monitor and track client progress towards goals.
- Research and develop employer and industry relationships to build understanding of local labour market conditions including available positions, required qualifications and advancement opportunities.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency.
- Promote the Agency and its programs to government, non-profit agencies and the local community in support of employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Career Development, or related field, or related experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-rick populations
- Minimum 2 years experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development
- Minimum 1 year knowledge of the Grande Prairie labour market and its employers
- Minimum 1 year experience entering data into MOBIUS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Clear criminal record check
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle
If this is you, then we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by Feb 28, 2020 to:
Faye Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.employabilities.ab.ca to learn more about EmployAbilities and our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education and employment.
EmployAbilities thanks all applicants for their interest.