Now Hiring: Employment Facilitator/Job Developer
No organization can offer the variety of work, the autonomy to enable others, or the reward of making a difference than EmployAbilities (EA). The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
EA has an exciting opportunity in providing employment services to persons with disabilities through our Strive 4 Work program in St. Albert and area. We are currently hiring for a temporary, full-time position of Employment Facilitator/Job Developer. We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive, and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of Strive 4 Work and our clients. This position is temporary until March 31, 2022 with the possibility of extension.
Please note: This position is working from home with limited in-office work as per current COVID restrictions, and will be continuing to follow all AHS guidelines regarding in-person/in-office services.
The Employment Facilitator/Job Developer provides individual employment focused intake and assessment, service plan development, job development, job placement, retention and follow up services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build positive working relationships with individual Albert and area employers.
- Liaise with employers to identify employment opportunities.
- Investigate and obtain work experience and job placements for clients.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Conduct individual assessment interviews to assist in the identification of employment barriers, employability and learning needs.
- Facilitate group training including employment preparation, personal life management, job search strategies, and employment retention.
- Edit, revise, and make suggestions for improvement on client resumes and cover letters for submission to potential employers.
- Provide comprehensive on the job supports, training, follow-up service and other related resources to employers.
- Promote the agency and its programs to government, non-profit agencies, and the local community in support of employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education, or related field, or sufficient experience in career development or employment placement.
- Experience in skills training, employment placement, and/or group facilitation is an asset.
- Experience working in the disability and/or mental health sector is an asset. Must be comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong comprehension of the English language is a must.
- Must have knowledge of the St. Albert labor market and its employers.
- Must have clear understanding of client confidentiality and FOIP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation.
- Able to work from home with reliable internet capable of video conferencing. Company laptop and cell phone provided.
- Clear criminal record check.
If this is you, we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume by May 28, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Employment Facilitator/Job Developer”.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EA is an inclusive employer. We welcome and celebrate employee differences through our inclusive workplace culture, comprehensive benefits, and the work itself. If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.