Where Ability Meets Opportunity
At EmployAbilities, it is our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education, and employment.
We envision an inclusive society where all people are valued, respected, and have the opportunity to work to their full potential.
Since 1974, we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment, and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion have fueled our leadership in developing programs, services, and resources that increase the economic participation and empowerment of people with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
Employment Coach – Inclusive Career Connections Program
EmployAbilities is currently filling one full time position of Employment Coach for our Inclusive Career Connections Program. We assist clients with disabilities and medical conditions, enabling them to overcome employment barriers and receive the support they need to attain and retain work.
- Demonstrate the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessments to determine employment status and suitability for Agency supports, services and programs.
- Provide referral to alternative programs, community supports and specialized assessment providers as required.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate files and timely documentation.
- Conduct client follow-up and support, may include texting, phone calls, email, and on-site visits and job coaching.
- Maintain in-house and government case management files, client service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Utilize career development theory, techniques and methodologies to help individuals identify realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Conduct one-to-one employment counseling to enhance client’s self-sufficiency and to promote labour readiness.
- Discuss clients’ barriers to employment and develop workable solutions to minimize these barriers.
- Provide clients with labour market information, employment and training options.
- Develop client resumes, conduct mock interviews and support client job search.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Market the program in person, online or via email etc. for continuous recruitment of Individuals to the program
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Minimum two years experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years. experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk population.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software and reliable internet.
- May be required to have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion, and integrity.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, a professional development allowance, fifteen (15) paid personal days, telework as appropriate, and many additional perks.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I’ve been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter as one document (in Word or PDF format) to: Susan Sibley – email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate ICC Employment Coach.
The deadline for submission is March 18, 2022.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.