Where Ability Meets Opportunity
At EmployAbilities, it is our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education, and employment.
We envision an inclusive society where all people are valued, respected, and have the opportunity to work to their full potential.
Since 1974, we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment, and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion have fueled our leadership in developing programs, services, and resources that increase the economic participation and empowerment of people with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
Skills Development Coach – GroundWORKS
EmployAbilities is currently filling 8 full-time 1 year positions for Skills Development Coaches for a new exciting project called GroundWORKS. This 1-year project is being offered throughout the Rural Northern Zone area in the communities of High Level, Fort McMurray, Peace River, High Prairie, Slave Lake, Grande Prairie, Grande Cache, Jasper, Hinton, Edson, Whitecourt, Barrhead, Westlock, Athabasca, Lac La Biche, St. Paul, Bonnyville, Cold Lake, and Vegreville and surrounding areas.
This project will assist participants to gain entry-level digital skills, pre-employment /life skills including reading, writing, numeracy, problem-solving, online & in-person communication skills, virtual collaboration/teamwork skills, adaptability, creativity and innovation, all the essential skills based on the Skills for Success nine key subjects. The program will be delivered virtually to clients from home-based offices. The positions will be hired as follows:
- High Level – 1
- Fort McMurray – 1
- Peace River/High Prairie/Slave Lake – 1
- Grande Prairie/Grande Cache – 1
- Jasper/Hinton/Edson – 1
- Whitecourt/Barrhead/Westlock – 1
- Athabasca/Lac La Biche – 1
- St. Paul/Vegreville/Bonnyville/Cold Lake – 1
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessment to determine essential skills, transferable skills as well as skill level with virtual services, technological equipment needs and develop individual Service Plans
- Arrange for a loan of laptops, other devices, installation of internet services, complete paperwork and provide one-to-one orientation to the equipment for each client so that they are ready to participate in virtual training.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of one-on-one and group workshops in a virtual environment to provide clients the essential skills needed in today’s world.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed-upon activities, schedules and results.
- Assist clients in accessing necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plans.
- Maintain in-house and government databases and case management files, client service statistics, and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, and life skills coaching.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations
- Skilled and comfortable with setting up clients with technology and expert at breaking down tasks and procedures to provide clarity using a virtual platform.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google platforms and reliable internet.
- Required to have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion, and integrity.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, a professional development allowance, fifteen (15) paid personal days, telework as appropriate, and many additional perks.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I’ve been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter as one document (in Word or PDF format) to: Jan Watson – email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate GroundsWORKS <community name>.
The deadline for submission is March 18, 2022.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.