Where Ability Meets Opportunity.
No organization lives and breathes its vision, mission and values the way we do. The work is challenging and some days are downright hard but the reward of making a difference in the lives of others is unbeatable. We promise a work environment that is professional yet fun, where your opinions are welcomed. In return for your passion and commitment we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including: dental care, life insurance, RRSP’s, prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision, professional development, 15 paid personal days per year, a generous vacation package and subsidized parking.
Since 1974 we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion has fueled our leadership in developing programs, services and resources that increase the economic participation and power of people with disabilities, youth and barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
EmployAbilities is currently filling the position of Full Time Employment Coach based in Edmonton. We require an individual who is innovative, collaborative, compassionate, inclusive and committed to integrity to play a key role in the on-going success of EmployAbilities and our clients.
- Conduct initial client needs assessments to determine employment status and suitability for Agency supports, services and programs.
- Provide referral to alternative programs, community supports and specialized assessment providers as required.
- Support clients in the development of service plans to address identified employment barriers, employability, interests and learning needs.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate files and timely documentation.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Assist clients in accessing necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Conduct client follow-up and support, may include telephone contact, on-site visits and job coaching.
- Maintain in-house and government case management files, client service statistics and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist clients with technology needs as required.
- Utilize career development theory, techniques and methodologies to help individuals identify realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Conduct one-to-one employment counseling to enhance client’s self-sufficiency and to promote labour readiness.
- Discuss clients’ barriers to employment and develop workable solutions to minimize these barriers.
- Provide clients with labour market information, employment and training options.
- Conduct mock interviews and support client job search.
- Monitor and track client progress towards goals.
- Research and develop employer and industry relationships to build understanding of local labour market conditions including available positions, required qualifications and advancement opportunities.
- Match client’s transferable skills and interests with available labour market opportunities.
- Solicit and coordinate information interviews, job shadowing, job tryouts, work experience and placements with employers.
- Conduct employer follow-up, may include telephone contact, work site visits and job coaching.
- Represent the Agency and promote available supports, services and programs to the community and other service providers through networking, presentations, conferences, attendance at job fairs and other business events.
- Undertake special tasks, research, projects and other assignments within the Agency.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations is preferred.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software.
- May be required to have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
If this is you, then we want you on our team. Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Employment Coach”.
Visit www.employabilities.ab.ca to learn more about EmployAbilities and our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education and employment.
EmployAbilities thank all applicants for their interest.