SUMMER STUDENT POSITION
Career and Employment Centre Support Worker
Date: May 7 – Aug 24, 2018
$16.48/hr 35 hour work week
EmployAbilities is seeking a student for the position of Career and Employment Centre Support Worker in Edmonton, to provide support services to individuals with disabilities utilizing our Career and Employment Centre.
Responsibilities include: registering individuals for initial services, determining eligibility, registering for skill training sessions, assisting with completing application forms, resumes, cover letters and computer troubleshooting. This position will also include special tasks, projects and other assignments.
The successful candidate will possess high energy coupled with enthusiasm and self- motivation, strong multi-tasking ability, positive attitude, excellent communication skills and strong computer knowledge.
Eligible students must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a student in a secondary, post secondary, vocational or technical program.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee protection Act.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Please submit resume and cover letter by May 1, 2018 to:
Susan Sibley, Program Supervisor, EmployAbilities