As many communities as possible should have access to comprehensive employment services. That’s why we created EmployAbilities North to serve the Albertan communities of Bonnyville, Cold Lake, St. Paul, Vegreville, and Lac La Biche.
We work with Albertans with disabilities to overcome employment barriers and provide the supports they need to get and stay employed.
To get involved in EmployAbilities North, you’ll need to get a referral from a Career Employment Consultant at the Alberta Supports Centre. They’ll determine which services will best suit your needs.
Are you a job seeker? Our employment facilitators can work with you in the following ways.
- Together, we’ll explore and assess your skills and abilities.
- Once we know what you’re good at, we can help you develop a career path.
- Along the way, we can create solutions in the job search process and in employment that are suited to your needs and will help you thrive in the workplace.
- Crafting an effective resume and cover letter can be intimidating, so we’re here to help you through the entire process.
- We can provide you with information on the current labour market and links to potential employers to help strengthen your job search.
- Barriers to employment are intimidating, and we want to empower you to overcome them confidently.
- Once you’re employed, we can help provide on-the-job supports and short-term job coaching.
If you’re an employer, we’ll work with you in the following ways.
- Our goal is to match our qualified candidates with employers like you. We’ll refer only those with compatible skill sets, and provide support during the interview process.
- We’ll work with your employee and yourself to develop job retention strategies and goals.
- To help your new employee thrive in their new role, we provide job analysis and coaching.
- Some employees may need special accommodation to thrive in the workplace. We’ll help you access work-related devices for individuals with disabilities.
- If you need it, we can provide on-the-job support.
We’d love to work with you to help develop your job skills or find the newest addition to your workforce. Give us a call at the location closest to you to get started.
We’re available Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Funding provided by Community and Social Services