Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
Through funding for organizations, the Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities (OF) program from the Government of Canada helps people with disabilities prepare for, obtain and maintain employment or self-employment.
Funding decisions are based on program priorities, labour market needs, program terms and conditions, and available funding.
The following is a list of activities eligible for funding under the OF program:
- skills for employment;
- wage subsidy;
- enhanced employment assistance services; and,
- employer awareness.
Participants are recruited by the contribution recipients.
To participate in the Opportunities Fund, individuals must:
- self-identify as having a permanent physical or mental disability that restricts his or her ability to perform daily activities;
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial and federal legislation and regulations;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- not be eligible for assistance under Employment Insurance (EI) employment benefits or any similar programs that are the subject of agreements with provinces, territories, or organizations entered into pursuant to Section 63 of the EI Act (unless approved by a departmental official); and,
- require assistance to prepare for, obtain and keep employment or self-employment.